The 15th of January 2012 marks my In laws 35th Wedding Anniversary – We had a get together at our house to celebrate this special occasion. I made this bread out of a recipe book my mom gave me and it was so yummy, try it!
BUTTERNUT AND BLUE CHEESE BREAD
100g Butternut (Roasted till soft and mashed into a puree)
1 tsp Yeast Powder
1 tsp granulated sugar
1 tsp Oil
1 tsp Salt
50g Blue Cheese
1. Preheat oven to 200°C
2. Place water, yeast, sugar, oil and butternut puree into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add flour, blue cheese and salt
4. Bind all ingredients until the dough is thoroughly mixed
5. Knead dough for 5 – 10 minutes
6. Cover the dough with clingfilm and let it sit and rise for 40 minutes
7. Knock it down again (approximately 1 minute)
8. Place dough in a greased tin and let it rise for another 40 minutes
9. Bake for 40 minutes until golden brown.
10. Eat with butter J Yum