This is for all of you who say you cannot grow anything but are desperate for a little garden. These little terrariums can be as big or as small as you want. The succulents you chose are all your choice – try keep them as small as you can as they will grow and grow. All plants use carbon dioxide for food to make oxygen so by having a little garden indoors you are cleaning the air and providing more oxygen. Here is a little tutorial on how to make your own Zen garden.
What you need?
- A Bowl or Vessel to make your Terrarium in (This one is actually a tea light holder from Loads of Living)
- Small Gravel
- Potting Soil
- Beach Sand
- Small succulents
- Decorative stones (optional)
Terrarium DIY step-by-step instructions
- Place a layer of the small gravel into the bowl.
2. Mix 1/3 potting soil and 1/3 sand in a separate bowl.
3. Place half the soil mixture onto the gravel.
4. Place the succulents in their position, add the rest of the soil around the succulents – compressing down slightly to secure the plants in their place.
5. Sprinkle some gravel around the succulents *this is optional – you can add beach sand or leave it as is.