Christmas is not Christmas without mince pies. Christmas mornings in my family were never complete without my Nana’s homemade mince pies and a cup of coffee. I always thought they were hard to make but they are really easy to make.
CHRISTMAS MINCE PIES
200g Plain Flour
100g Cold Butter
20g Caster Sugar
1 Egg Beaten
1 Bottle of Mince Meat
1. Place all the ingredients (except the egg) into a blender and pulverise it til it forms breadcrumbs.
2. Then add the egg and mix it all together to form a dough
3. Wrap with clingwrap and place in the fridge for a few minutes.
4. Remove from the fridge and roll the dough out onto a floured surface to prevent it from sticking to the surface (I cover my surface with wax paper – makes it easy to clean and less sticky). The dough should be 3mm thick.
5. Cut round disks in the dough with a cookie cutter and gently place in a GREASED muffin/cuptake tin – make sure the tin is greased.
6. Fill the dough lined cups with a large teaspoon of mince meat.
7. Roll out the dough like before and cut out a lid for the pie – a heart, star or Christmas tree. The shapes allow the heat to escape, if you would like a full circular lid make sure you prick the lid with a fork to allow the steam out while cooking. Place the lid on the top of the pie.
8. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes at 160 degrees or until golden brown.
9. Let cool and dust with icing sugar and share with loved ones.