Tea time is not the same if you do not have a yummy sweet treat to eat with your cup of tea. This carrot cake is beautiful and moist and super super tasty.
85 g butter
10 ml grated orange rind
160 g castor sugar
2 jumbo eggs
15 ml golden syrup
375 ml coarsely grated carrots
200 g self – raising flour, sifted
2.5 ml bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp All Spice
200 ml milk
1 x quantity cream cheese icing
1. Pre-heat the oven to 175’C.
2. Coat a 21 x 11cm Bundt tin with cooking spray and set aside. Cream the butter, orange rind and castor sugar in the bowl of a food mixer with the plastic blade. 3. Beat in the eggs and syrup, and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Stir in the carrots, flour, bicarb of soda, all spice and milk. spoon the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 40 minutes or until an inserted skewer in the centre comes out clean.
4. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
5. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool.
6. Coat with the cream cheese icing.