Cheesecake is very popular again, you see it all over the place – a lot of Weddings now have a cheesecake as the wedding cake. I am not surprised as Cheesecakes are scrumptious – this recipe is flop proof. So invite your friends over and catch up over a cup of tea and cheesecake.
Ingredients for the crust
- 1 Packet of Tennis Biscuits
- 100ml of Melted Butter
Method for the crust
- Put the biscuits into a packet or a bowl and crush them into fine pieces. Add the melted butter and mix well. Press into a loose based greased round tin to.
- Place in the fridge
Ingredients for the Filling
- 1 Tin of Condensed Milk
- 2 Eggs Separated
- 250ml of Cream (beaten to soft peaks)
- 1 tub Smooth Cottage Cheese
- Zest and Juice of one lemon
Method for the filling
- Whip the egg whites to soft peak stage.
- In another bowl whip the cream till hard peak stage (this means that that when you lift up the whisk the peaks hold their shape and do not flop down)
- In a third bowl mix the condense milk, cottage cheese, lemon juice and zest with the egg yolks together.
- Gently fold the cream into the condense milk mixture.
- Gently fold in the egg whites to the cream and condense milk mixture.
- Pour the mixture on the base of the round tin – gently shake the tin to ensure that there are no air bubbles trapped inside.
- Bake at 180 degress for 45 minutes or until golden brown on top.